Education plays a vital role in the development of any nation. Therefore, there is a premium on both quantity (increased access) and quality (relevance and excellence of academic programmes offered) of higher education. The NATIONAL ASSESSMENT AND ACCREDITATION COUNCIL ( NAAC ) has been set up to facilitate the volunteering institutions to assess their performance vis-a-vis set parameters through introspection and a process that provides space for participation of the institution. The NATIONAL ASSESSMENT AND ACCREDITATION COUNCIL (NAAC) conducts assessment and accreditation of Higher Educational Institutions (HEI) such as colleges, universities or other recognized institutions to derive an understanding of the ‘Quality Status’ of the institution. NAAC evaluates the institutions for its conformance to the standards of quality in terms of its performance related to the educational processes and outcomes, curriculum coverage, teaching-learning processes, faculty, research, infrastructure, learning resources, organisation, governance, financial well being and student services.
To make quality the defining element of higher education in India through a combination of self and external quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance initiatives.
- To arrange for periodic assessment and accreditation of institutions of higher education or units thereof, or specific academic programmes or projects.
- To stimulate the academic environment for promotion of quality of teaching-learning and research in higher education institutions.
- To encourage self-evaluation, accountability, autonomy and innovations in higher education.
- To undertake quality-related research studies, consultancy and training programmes.
- To collaborate with other stakeholders of higher education for quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance.
- Contributing to National Development.
- Fostering Global Competencies among Students.
- Inculcating a Value System among Students.
- Promoting the Use of Technology.
- Quest for Excellence.
Benefits of Accreditation
- Institution to know its strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities through an informed review process.
- Identification of internal areas of planning and resource allocation.
- Collegiality on the campus.
- Funding agencies look for objective data for performance funding.
- Institutions to initiate innovative and modern methods of pedagogy.
- New sense of direction and identity for institutions.
- The society look for reliable information on quality education offered.
- Employers look for reliable information on the quality of education offered to the prospective recruits.
- Intra and inter-institutional interactions.
Accreditation at Rajarshi Shahu College Of Engineering
The RSCOE is accredited by NAAC with A grade (CGPA 3.26). All undergraduate programs are accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) , New Delhi in three cycles 2012- 13, 2014-15 and 2018-19 which is valid upto 30 June 2022 . RSCOE has received the best college award (Professional category) in 2012-13 by Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU), Pune. RSCOE has received platinum grade in AICTE CII survey. RSCOE has recognition for 2(f) & 12B by UGC and also has permanent affiliation to SPPU.
Jayawant Shikshan Prasarak Mandal’s Rajarshi Shahu College of Engineering (RSCOE), Tathawade Pune-411033 has granted autonomous status from UGC for a period of ten years w.e.f 2018-2019 to 2027-2028.
JSPMs Rajarshi Shahu College of Engineering,Tathawade Pune-33 approved as Mentor Institute under the scheme of 'PARAMARSH' for Mentoring NAAC Accreditation aspirant Institutions to promote Quality Assurance in Higher Education.